Release Date: Sept 21. 2011
Hobbywing released a new firmware for Platinum-120A-HV PRO
(Hardware version = HW120_V2.0A, firmware verison = V1.08_101106_U) to make it compatible with Mikado V-Bar governor function.
21, 2011, Hobbywing released a new firmware named "V1.08_101106_U_A"for
Platinum-120A-HV Pro ESC (Hardware version HW120_V2.0A, firmware
version V1.08_101106_U) to solve the compatiblity issue with the Mikado
V-Bar governor function.
What is the problem?
Hobbywing released a new Platinum-120A-HV ESC in July 2011, its hardware version is HW120_V2.0A, and the firmware version is V1.08_101106_U. Compared with the old version, the new ESC has the following improvements:
1. Quicker response and better driving effect when the motor load has a sudden increment.
2. More powerful.
soon we got some responses that the firmware had compatibility problem
with V-Bar (Mikado) governor function, we did some tests immediately and
got the following results:
using the ESC (loaded with the firmware V1.08_101106_U) with some
electronic RPM sensors (such as Hyperion EMeter II Phase Tachometer,
this tachometer is connected to one phase of the brushless motor wires),
the sensor outputs error RPM signal, which makes V-Bar system work
2. When using traditional magneto-electrical tachometer, the V-Bar system still works well.
HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM?
doing the above tests, Hobbywing immediately made a new firmware to
solve the problem. This new firmware has already been tested by some
pilots. It works well with electronic phase sensors.
1. Delete the Hobbywing USB Link Program in the PC.
2. Download the new USB Link Software from the following hyperlink:
USB Link Software
3. Unzip the file and then install the new USB Link Program in the PC.
4. Connect the Platinum-120A-HV Pro ESC to the LCD program box, and choose the firmware named” V1.08_101106_U_A” to upgrade the ESC.
5. After upgrading, calibrate the throttle range again and set all programmable items as you need.
1. Hobbywing Platinum-70A-HV ESC is already compatible with V-Bar system. No upgrade is necessarty.
2. Hobbywing FlyFun-100A-HV (also called Fentium-100A-HV) and FlyFun-80A-HV (also called Fentium-80A-HV) ESC are not upgradable, so they are not compatible with V-Bar governor function except using Hobbywing’s own phase sensor.
Hobbywing makes its own RPM sensor in Nov
2011, and this new product is sold as a standard accessary of
Platinum-120A-HV, Platinum-70A-HV, FlyFun-100A-HV and FlyFun-80A-HV ESC.
The Hobbywing RPM sensor is compatible with any firmware of the above
ESC's, that means if you use Hobbywing RPM sensor, the above ESC's are
always compitable with V-Bar governor function.