Return Merchandise Authorization
Please read the return policy first
before proceeding. HOBBYWING offers a manufacturer's limited warranty for products purchased through HOBBYWINGdirect.com or our Authorized Dealer Network in North America. All products distributed through authorized retailers have a 'HW seal' on the product box. All of our RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) service is conducted at our North American office in California. HWNA is NOT responsible for any cause and effect mentioned in emails or conversations through online chat or online forums such as rctech.net or rcuniverse.com, etc. Unless purchased directly from HOBBYWING North America store, products purchased through Amazon.com or Amazon.ca are deemed non-warranty items. This is due to Amazon's return policy, which does not confirm whether a product was damaged by misuse or contains manufacturing defective parts. If you purchased from elsewhere please contact your seller for proper handling
HOBBYWING Limited Warranty terms and conditions
All our products are covered with a full repair/replacement warranty for 90 days dated by the original or copy of the original sales receipt within North America region (USA & Canada). HOBBYWING limited warranty covers all failures that result from manufacture defective material or workmanship. It does not cover misuse, abuse including 'crash', intentional or otherwise. Accessories such as a cooling fan, a switch, wires are outside of the warranty terms (unless it is arrived damaged).
More information about Warranty vs Extended warranty, please visit here
Abuse includes but is not limited to the following:
- Use of the system outside of its intended use.
- Damage resulting from crashing a vehicle, accidentally damaged by external factors, incorrect wiring, over voltage, overloading, improper gearing or propping (overloading), improper motor selection, incorrect settings, insufficient batteries or connectors and/or poor solder joints on connectors.
- Any electronics used for 'Drag racing" are not considered "Normal use", folks. Be sure to protect your investment by purchasing a product insurance such as HW Care. For more info, contact us directly.
Note: Using a controller outside of its intended performance specification (running outside of MAX voltage/current, gearing, or wrong application/vehicle). Physical damage including crashes and water submersion. Modification of controller such as soldering on a controller, gluing items on the controller, potting the controller, etc. There are no user-serviceable parts on these controllers, we do not recommend attempts to repair or solder on the board.
In short anything that can be considered abuse is not covered by warranty.
Our limited warranty liability shall be limited to repairing or replacing the unit to HOBBYWING original specifications. Because we have no control over the installation or use of this product, in no case shall we be liable for damages. Warranty replacement items are non-refundable or exchangeable.
Additionally, these items void the warranty and require billing information - No exception:
- Using speed control in an application it was not rated for.
- Exceeding the product specifications.
- Disabling ESC OVERHEAT PROTECTION or MOTOR OVERHEAT PROTECTION.
- Allowing water or moisture into the speed controller. (Except Waterproof ESC)
- Incorrect wiring or use inconsistent with the instructions.
- Using the wrong polarity connectors on the battery and motor wires from the speed controller.
- Failure to attach the supplied capacitor or capacitor(s) are confirmed damaged.
- MOSFETs and or Phase plate(s) is confirmed damaged by Current-overload (i)
- Warranty applies to the original purchaser of the product only. Warranty is non-transferable.
- Failure to include a receipt proving date of purchase.
- HOBBYWING products that have been discontinued.
- Product(s) purchased from non-authorized dealer See the authorized dealer list in North America. Purchasing from Hong Kong retailers and eBay sellers who do not follow HOBBYWING MAP policy deem item non-warranty.
Once the products are sold, HWNA has no obligation to modify or update them. Please check out our website for the latest software & firmware information. You can check the latest USB software and firmware at http://www.HobbywingDirect.com/pages/download